|1. Capable of dry charging automotive and industrial battery negative plates.
2. Batch process gives consistent quality plates with over ninety per cent free lead content.
Plates have high capacity charge retention.
3. No environmental problems.
4. Compact size with low layout cost.
5. Automatic cycle duration of eight to ten hours.
6. Rugged construction.
7. Easy to operate.
8. High productivity.
9. Low maintenance costs.
10. All work instructions documented and given.
11. Maintenance and service manual supplied along with the machine.
12. Operator training provided at our works.
13. Standard components used in the manufacture.
14. All safety parameters considered.
15. No fumes or residual waste.
16. PLC and data logger ensure accurate process control.
VACUUM DRY CHARGING MACHINE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A battery dealer is a person who never wants to displease his customer and at the same time wants to have the maximum business. This is not unusual in any region and understandable from the businessman’s point of view. If a battery manufacturer gives the dealer a dry charged battery the manufacturer and dealer derive the following benefits:-
- The rest period after acid filling is around 2 hrs. as against 12 to 16 hrs. There are no batteries lying around waiting for charging and occupying costly floor space.
- The charging duration after acid filling is 8 to 12 hrs. as against 55 to 72 hrs. The need for capital investment in costly chargers is eliminated.
- The charge input is 1 C as against 3 to 5 C – thereby charging cost is lowered.
- The inventory carrying cost at the dealer’s premises w.r.t. charged battery holding in stock is substantially reduced.
- The quality of batteries delivered to customers is good since batteries do not get heated during initial charging thereby damaging the internal components of the battery. Due to this reason the battery warranty claims are reduced / eliminated.
- The possibilities for export of batteries / battery plates open up leading to a wider market penetration.
In the case of battery made with formed dried plates the positive plates are fully charged whereas the negative plates have discharged after formation due to the oxidation reaction which is an exothermic reaction that has taken place when the plates were taken out of the formation jars. Due to this phenomenon batteries made with formed plates need a long duration of charging at a slow rate of charging i.e. low current input. The input in terms of Ah is also high. Basically, the negative plates need to be charged without heating up the positives which are already fully charged. In the case of battery made with dry charged formed negative plates and dried formed positive plates the batteries can be commissioned fast since the negatives are not discharged after formation.
The retention of dry charge characteristics in an assembled battery shall depend to a great extent on
- The residual acid in the negative dry plates.
- The residual acid in the dried positive plates.
- The residual moisture in the dried positive plates.
- The sealing of vent holes of the battery to prevent moisture ingress.
Since moisture from positive plates can travel to negative plates and start the oxidation process it is necessary to dry the positive plates also thoroughly before assembly.Residual acid in either positive or negative plates can cause deterioration of dry charge characteristics since the hygroscopic sulphuric acid can attract the atmospheric moisture leading to oxidation of negative plates
A simple indication is available if it is observed that the assembled battery
- temperature does not increase more than 8 degree Celsius to 10 degree Celsius.
- sp.gr. does not fall by over 0.02 to 0.04 points.
over a one hour period after filling of acid in the battery.
It is important to wash the negative plates free of acid and check whether the wash water pH is between 5.5 to 6.0 prior to loading the plates on to the dry charging chamber. Please note that it is equally important to load the washed plates into the machine within an hour of such a complete wash – free of acid. In case the plates have to be stored for a long period in water after washing, it is necessary to retain some acidity in the water. Hence it is recommended to do the washing in two stages. In stage one wash plates such that the wash water pH is around 4.5 to 5.5. Keep negative plates in a tank of such acidic water. As and when the negative plates are to be dried and approx. an hour or so prior to loading into the machine the second stage of washing can be carried out i.e. plates can be washed to a pH of 5.5 to 6.0. If the plates are not washed completely free of acid prior to loading on to the machines the seals of the vacuum pump shall get damaged leading to machine breakdown and production downtime.
<90% Free Lead Content
Extends Battery Storage Life
Enhanced Active Material Adhesion
Greater Performance Characteristics
Faster Product Delivery
Export Compliant Product
BLOGS & NEWS
We are a team of battery professionals with over 100 years of combined experience in the battery industry dedicated to finding you Battery Solutions. Follow this blog for tips on how to take care of your car battery and trending news in the segment.
We are one of India’s leading manufacturer of Batteries & Battery Machinery offering quality and effective products & solutions. Contact us with a simple click to discuss about your requirement.